Monday, December 5, 2016

Cuba: A Series


Hello!

Since Cuba has been in the news so much because of Fidel Castro's death, I think it would be relevant to talk about my most recent trip there! That's right. I went to the mysterious island of Cuba and I'm going to tell you about it.

First of all, I wasn't able to enter the country by scrolling through Expedia, booking the cheapest flight, and cruising on down. Although the United States announced its new relationship with Cuba, it still hadn't opened up to tourists during the time that I went. So how did I get the chance to go there? Study abroad!

My university offers a Study Abroad trip to Cuba every year and I was accepted as one of the lucky students to go. When I was thinking about doing a Study Abroad program, I considered many Spanish-speaking countries because I am working on my Spanish minor. Although I considered many places though, it was not hard to narrow down my choice to Cuba. Not many people get the opportunity to go and I wanted to see the country in its rare state, pre-touristy transformation.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be posting some stories about my experiences as well as tips for people looking to go in the future. Look out for posts about the food, some popular attractions, culture shock, and what I got out of spending six weeks there!

Stay tuned and stay classy!
A view of La Habana.

Click here for my latest post about Martinique!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages